Friday, September 2, 2011

Al Roker to roll with Laredo Law ?

The multi-faceted Al Roker

I admit I didn't get to hear much of it, but Al Roker, the jolly weatherman, was on Jimmy Fallon tonight saying something about filming a special in the border town of Laredo, Texas. Come to think of it, I do recall posting something a few months ago about an item in the city council agenda pertaining to the same thing.

I also recall posting about an "Al Roker Productions Company" making plans to ride with local law enforcement teams in order to film a COPS-like program.  I wondered out loud (in writing) if it was THE Al Roker behind the effort. It now appears that it was and so the formerly-chubby meteorologist is apparently expanding his repertoire.

So much for trying to improve the city's image. I wonder if whatever squad cars Roker's crew will be writing with will be displaying the new "Laredo-always a reason to celebrate" logo, as opposed to much-maligned, more traditional "Gateway to Mexico".

See the original Laredotejas post from back in February:
http://laredotejas.blogspot.com/2011/02/bad-boys-bad-boys-what-you-gonna-do.html

No comments:

Post a Comment