Sunday, February 6, 2011

Rick Perry basks in California sun while Good Ol' Texas f-f-freeezes

Rick Perry Ice Storm
Thanky kindly Texas taxpayers for paying for my trip. Thanky!

Well, as temperatures broke record lows all around the Lone Star state, Governor Rick Perry has been basking in the California Warmth. He left since Wednesday and wasn't expected back until Sunday evening.
By mere coincidence, that's when temperatures throughout the state will be returning to near normal. Perry was one of hundreds of GOP celebrities that attended the 100th anniversary of Ronald Regan's birth. I had seen an article online referring to Perry's California vacation as a California Dreamin' experience. I took the liberty of expanding on it and put together a few lines commemorating Perry's trip.

Sung to the tune of California Dreamin' by the Mamas and the Papas

All the leaves are brown
and the sky is grey
Can't go out for a walk
On this winter's day

But Perry's safe and warm
Somewhere around L.A.
California dreaming
at least for a few days

Stopped by at a Church's
I passed along the way
Well I felt like I would freeze
and I began to pray

Here we are freezing in the cold
while Rick Perry's away
California Dreaming
The good ol' GOP way

No comments:

Post a Comment